Syfy Movies That DON'T Suck
Dom Colt Offline The Grand Master of Asshattery

More info
22nd December 2011 09:27 PM
Okay, so anyone who'se seen enough of Syfy's original movies will agree that they absolutely suck eggs. Now I happen to know that there are exeptions to the rule, one example being Red Faction: Origins. I don't know about you guys, but I think it was, at the very least, a competent movie. Furthermore, it did a fairly good job of staying true to the Red Faction: Guerilla storyline.

Anyways, this thread is about any and all Syfy movies that break the rule, and by that I mean those that aren't horrible.

[Image: 3bL78pv.png]
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeHeartsUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodwhy is this happing?Buy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Nightmaremoon Offline Psyclo crusher!

More info
22nd December 2011 11:13 PM
[Image: stock-photo-5974498-sowing-needle.jpg]

[Image: Haystack.jpg]

Yeah that sums it up

Fluttershy is a badass

"Joy is a weakness and weakness will get you killed Spike" -SFDebris

"MEEEEEEEEEEE!" - Khan if he did the Khan scream from Star Trek II
(This post was last modified: 22nd December 2011 11:16 PM by Nightmaremoon.)
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Jarvellis Offline Everything about this is great

More info
22nd December 2011 11:22 PM
Doesn't Syfy show Spaceballs? Now THAT doesn't suck.

edit: Oops, my bad, should read OP better.

[Image: 2UDAqA5.gif]
(This post was last modified: 22nd December 2011 11:28 PM by Jarvellis.)
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some applesROLL FIZZLEBEEF!
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
SM64Guy Offline Retired Staff

More info
22nd December 2011 11:25 PM
(22nd December 2011 11:22 PM)Roduigez Wrote:  Doesn't Syfy show Spaceballs? Now THAT doesn't suck.

They didn't make that.
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
22nd December 2011 11:35 PM
(22nd December 2011 11:25 PM)SM64Guy Wrote:  They didn't make that.

Indeed

Then again even the Syfy channel doesnt make its own movies, its all made by famous ripoff studio: The Asylum

Syfy makes the commissions though

Fluttershy is a badass

AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJelly2spoopyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Phrygian Offline Yolo Swaggins

More info
22nd December 2011 11:54 PM
You cannot deny the awesome that is

MANSQUITO
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
23rd December 2011 12:00 AM
(22nd December 2011 11:54 PM)Phrygian Wrote:  You cannot deny the awesome that is

MANSQUITO

Mansquito still gets a lot wrong though.
Such as male Mosquitos dont drink blood. That is a job reserved for the females.

Fluttershy is a badass

PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
23rd December 2011 01:59 AM
I seem to remember something like that. Were there any scenes that seemed to take place in an abandoned subway tunnel, or something?

PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
PopePieous Offline The view looks pretty good.

More info
23rd December 2011 08:08 AM
I find the movies to be pretty funny sometimes. I wouldn't say that they're horrible, but they definitely qualify for B-Movie horror. One of the movies I recall was about a rock golem coming to life, which was literally just a bunch of large rocks stuck together that walked around and crushed people. Laughed for a while when I saw it for the first time.

Spoiler:
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJelly3spooky5meWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some applesROLL FIZZLEBEEF!
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Sith_Dreamer Offline I made room for the cupcakes!

More info
25th December 2011 09:44 AM
No one can deny the amazing work that is Sharktopus!
Agree x1 (list)
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Scoutaloo Offline Scootaloo! Scoot-Scootaloo!

More info
25th December 2011 10:06 AM
I like most of the movies based on mythology. I watch their version of both Hercules and The Odyssey about once a month.

I also really enjoyed Basilisk.

:mlp-agusta:
Me ponysta.
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Celly Offline grimdark woegothics

More info
26th December 2011 07:13 AM
(23rd December 2011 08:08 AM)PopePieous Wrote:  I find the movies to be pretty funny sometimes. I wouldn't say that they're horrible, but they definitely qualify for B-Movie horror. One of the movies I recall was about a rock golem coming to life, which was literally just a bunch of large rocks stuck together that walked around and crushed people. Laughed for a while when I saw it for the first time.

Yeah, I remember that one. At least it wasn't eye-bleedingly awful.
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
TGnP Trixie Offline The Great and Powerful

More info
26th December 2011 07:35 AM
Lol, I liked "Sea Snakes" otherwise known as "Snakes On A Submarine" which is exactly what it is. But it sucks sooo much.

Technically its a miniseries, but "The Lost Room" is fucking amazing. You all need to go download it, now. Please, I beg you. It will change your life.
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Chilly Offline Bubblegum Bitch

More info
26th December 2011 07:41 AM
Megashark vs Giant Octopus runs into 'so bad it's good' territory.

Seriously this film is so dumb it's impossible not to laugh.

Hit me with your sweet love
And steal me with a kiss
I'm miss sugar pink liquor, liquor lips
I'm gonna be your bubblegum bitch
Agree x1 (list)
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeHeartsUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
26th December 2011 11:25 PM
(26th December 2011 07:41 AM)Chilly Wrote:  Megashark vs Giant Octopus runs into 'so bad it's good' territory.

Seriously this film is so dumb it's impossible not to laugh.

Hahaha, Inorite!

Anyways, I want to say that Bone Eater wasn't completely horrible either.

PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Doctor Cobra Offline Filly

More info
13th June 2012 04:07 AM
If we're including movies not technically SciFi (I absolutely refuse to use the new spelling) Originals but rather bought up by the station from other sources, Abominable is VASTLY underrated. I also kind of like Man-Thing. What can I say?*munch munch*
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticBananas!JellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Mike55 Offline Tyrannosaurus Rex

More info
15th June 2012 08:40 PM
I enjoy DinoCroc a bit actually.

"Forget your faith in me. I took you with me because I was vain. Because I wanted to be adored. Look at you. Glorious Pond. The girl who waited for me. I'm not a hero. I really am just a mad man in a box. And it’s time we saw each other as we really are. Amy Williams, it’s time to stop waiting."-The 11th Doctor
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some applesROLL FIZZLEBEEF!
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Movies and Television General Chat Lazer Loop 594 270,635 26th August 2015 01:22 PM
Last Post: Kadae
  Favorite Movies of 2014 Guy in a Box 3 451 11th January 2015 03:19 PM
Last Post: Applefamily2012
  Things You Like About Movies You Hate Lazer Loop 1 577 18th April 2014 12:20 PM
Last Post: MetalShadow