Purple Tinker's Grudge Against Canterlot Gardens.
XX55XX Offline Pegasus

More info
15th May 2012 02:42 AM
I thought I'd just bring up some internal politicking that has been going on with between some of the heavy hitters of the fandom, principally, between former organizers of BronyCon.

As you may know, Purple Tinker organized BronyCon and eventually stepped down from its administration following a brief power struggle with the other con's organizers, according to rumors.

As for Canterlot Gardens, it's an MLP convention being hosted in Ohio by a few former staffers of BronyCon, and Purple Tinker, upset by their behavior prior to her forced retirement from BronyCon, wants to shut Canterlot Gardens down.

Now, you may ask: Where's the proof? Most of this stuff comes from Purple Tinker herself. For example, she wrote a letter to Hasbro urging them to send the organizers of Canterlot Gardens a cease and desist order:

http://pastebin.com/PiDEjxjJ

Furthermore, Purple Tinker has been vocal on her DeviantArt account, posting her own thoughts on the matter. Since her grudge has received greater attention in the past week, she has deleted her DA account, but Google still has a cached version of one of the blog posts she has made concerning the matter:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/se...clnk&gl=us

Furthermore, some chat logs between her and some associates have been leaked, revealing the extent of Purple Tinker's grudge against the organizers of Canterlot Gardens:

http://pastebin.com/bXP8L7sj

http://pastebin.com/ZcX4p738

Now, what is the moral of this story? While Purple Tinker may have reason to be upset at some of her former associates, the truth is, things can get nasty from a political standpoint when you take a hobby way too seriously for your own good. Purple Tinker did little to help her cause by publicizing this so openly and so fiercely, and as result, has become the object of ridicule from fellow bronies over the past week or so.

Moral: Don't let ponies rule your life.
Agree x5 (list)
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
Aceheart Offline Weaboo

More info
18th May 2012 03:19 AM
mlp-pmad
I can't think of much to say...
But 1, he sure knows how Hasbro works and 2, that letter doesn't seem in he spirit of friendship or whatever.

What to post, and where to post it...?
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
Colonel_Luxray Offline Eat Your Hamburgers Apolo

More info
18th May 2012 03:49 AM
Why does this sound so familiar... Sa-v

I am honestly curious as to what human flesh tastes like.
Zing x5 Funny x1 (list)
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJelly3spooky5meWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
Timstuff Offline DAT LUNA!

More info
18th May 2012 09:34 AM
She automatically fails life forever for including phrases like "foal molestation" and "everypony" in a very serious-sounding letter to a huge corporation. The fact that she's doing this all out of butthurt makes it hard to tell what's true and what's not, but the fact of the matter is that she's angry and wants to watch the world burn. I feel ashamed that this nutcase had anything to do with the founding of our fandom's biggest convention.

[Image: zNePz.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 18th May 2012 09:49 AM by Timstuff.)
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticBananas!Jelly3spooky5meWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
purpletinker Offline Blank Flank

More info
23rd May 2012 10:05 PM
(18th May 2012 09:34 AM)Timstuff Wrote:  She automatically fails life forever for including phrases like "foal molestation" and "everypony" in a very serious-sounding letter to a huge corporation.

I did NOT use those phrases in my letter. Someone ran it through a ponifying filter or something. I just double-checked the original letter as sent. I used the phrase "child molestation", not "foal molestation". Likewise, my "someone" got changed to "somepony".
Dis gon' be good x2 (list)
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulFabulousPessimisticArtisticBananas!JellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
Runic Online 300 pound matronly freight-train

More info
23rd May 2012 10:12 PM
What the christ am I reading?

(23rd May 2012 10:05 PM)purpletinker Wrote:  I did NOT use those phrases in my letter. Someone ran it through a ponifying filter or something. I just double-checked the original letter as sent. I used the phrase "child molestation", not "foal molestation". Likewise, my "someone" got changed to "somepony".

Aaaaand where did you come from? Mlp-rhuh

"F#!#@!# A!# %@!? c#@$ #!@%!! OF A
!#@#! #!!#@ THREE SUGARS !#@! #!!#@"
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodwhy is this happing?Buy some apples
PM USER
Capital Away 

More info
23rd May 2012 10:43 PM
(23rd May 2012 10:05 PM)purpletinker Wrote:  I did NOT use those phrases in my letter. Someone ran it through a ponifying filter or something. I just double-checked the original letter as sent. I used the phrase "child molestation", not "foal molestation". Likewise, my "someone" got changed to "somepony".

I assume you have your own side to the story, or the point of the thread still stands.
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJelly3spooky5meWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
Ridley Offline For You

More info
24th May 2012 12:35 AM
Wait, I've met Tinker, last summer at a smaller meetup in July in New York, then at a pretty boss afterparty.

There is no doubt in my mind the above person is actually tinker, and I assure you she does not talk like that. But the mean streak and the (correct) amount of anger is about correct.

At that level of event, remember, there's a lot of money moving around, so there are actual real consequences for things like this.
PM USER

More info
24th May 2012 02:33 AM

Ooh, this just got good! *flamboyant laughter*

PM USER

More info
25th May 2012 01:16 AM
(23rd May 2012 10:43 PM)Capital Wrote:  I assume you have your own side to the story, or the point of the thread still stands.

Of course. Much of my own side of the story is in a rather long post entitled 'Rumour Control' on my deviantArt (purpletinker dot deviantart dot com).

A tremendous number of rumours were started, most or all of which were likely (though I have no proof) started and/or fanned by CG staff, and many of which involve distortions, exaggerations, or simple out-of-context cherry-picking of information which only former BronyCon staffers (and in at least one case, only CG staffers) would have had access to. Documents of me at my absolute worst were leaked-- again, by CG staffers-- and they were shared on a vile hate thread on 4chan which included at my count 22 separate instances of the word 'tranny' (not counting those found on images).

An email address was provided, and viewers of said thread were encouraged to email the person at said address for more information. There is evidence which links that email address to the present con chair of CG.

I may be grumpy, but I'm far from ill-intentioned. On the contrary, I do quite a bit to help people throughout the fandom, at the cost of my own health and well-being. The opposite can be said of the CG people; they're superficially polite, but malicious and unscrupulous (not to mention genuinely profiteering, which is why they try so hard to paint me as greedy). Think 'used car salesman' and you have the right basic idea.

By way of one very small example: That 'AxxxxCxxxx' log is a VERY selectively trimmed excerpt of a much, much longer private chat log between myself and 'AxxxxCxxxx'. The WHOLE log gives a totally different impression than the heavily redacted version you see here.

'AxxxxCxxxx' shared the log in good faith with some of the CG people, among others in a room. Somehow, a heavily redacted version of the log got posted to pastebin, with the intentionally misleading title 'The True Motives Of Purple Tinker, BronyCon'.

The title itself constitutes a malicious lie and an attack on a convention I no longer work for. This log was posted in April. I was no longer on the BronyCon staff in April. By placing my name alongside BronyCon's, the person[s] (I suspect CG staffers or their friends, but that is merely a guess) posting this heavily redacted and deliberately mistitled log were attempting to tar-and-feather BronyCon for my own (deceptively edited) statements.

There's lots more to this. If you want to chat with me about it, I can always be reached via Google Talk as prpltnkr (at) gmail (dot) com.
(24th May 2012 12:35 AM)Ridley Wrote:  But the mean streak and the (correct) amount of anger is about correct.

Just an FYI. I'm 'mean'? I'm fighting back against fraudulent accusations of grand theft, paedophilia and child molestation. Sorry, sugar. THAT'S 'mean'.
(This post was last modified: 25th May 2012 01:22 AM by purpletinker.)
PM USER
XX55XX Offline Pegasus

More info
25th May 2012 02:50 AM
Tinker, not saying that the Canterlot Gardens people may or may not have wronged you in some way, but isn't it time to drop the grudge? Your actions will affect nothing, perhaps it's time you stopped making a fool of yourself and reinvolve yourself in the fandom in more productive ways.
PM USER

More info
25th May 2012 06:34 AM
(25th May 2012 02:50 AM)XX55XX Wrote:  Tinker, not saying that the Canterlot Gardens people may or may not have wronged you in some way, but isn't it time to drop the grudge? Your actions will affect nothing, perhaps it's time you stopped making a fool of yourself and reinvolve yourself in the fandom in more productive ways.

I've been doing quite a bit that's productive. However, no, I am not willing to allow these people to garner any more power or influence in this fandom. They are Machiavellian, completely immoral, an utter affront to everything the show stands for.

This is not over. This has just begun.
PM USER
smegaman Offline I'm BACK, Haters!

More info
25th May 2012 08:50 AM
(25th May 2012 06:34 AM)purpletinker Wrote:  I've been doing quite a bit that's productive. However, no, I am not willing to allow these people to garner any more power or influence in this fandom. They are Machiavellian, completely immoral, an utter affront to everything the show stands for.

This is not over. This has just begun.

First off, this definitely seems like a deep-seated grudge, so no matter what we say, it will not change the decisions of Purple Tinker, that much I can assure you.

I'm going to say what the other guy in here said: let bygones be bygones, or they'll eat you up and destroy you from within. Trust me when I say that holding a grudge against people is perhaps one of the WORST things you can do if you value your physical and mental health.

Now, heavily redacted chat thing... I've come across people who would do that. It's annoying, false, and mostly done to irritate or enrage the person who it is supposed to be defacing.

As for the leaked information, what are you going to do? The USA is a free country, so no matter what you do, stuff is always going to happen. My advice? Don't do stuff that later will come back to bite you.

I don't mean to sound like I'm psycho-analyzing you, but this is what it seems like is going on.

~Ascheron

GAH, everything is so hard to get around.
PM USER
pinkypartycanon Offline Blank Flank

More info
25th May 2012 12:27 PM
Tinker, I'm really sorry. You seem like a generous person who's willing to do just about anything for those you call your friend, at least from what I can see at the surface. But really, I think it's time to stop all this madness.

I've been watching this ever since I found out about Canterlot Gardens and the issues that have been going on. All of this hurt and rage and drama, it needs to stop. I realize that a lot of what you say may be true. Heck, it may not be true, I'm not one to know that nor am I one who should be digging that far down into those personal claims. But I do think it would be right to just let this die, for the sake of everyone's mental health including your own.

Rage and hurt is fueled by rage and hurt. The reason all this 4chan harassment started up seems to be because you've been leading the campaign against these people so violently, even to email Hasbro to try and ruin this. Again, maybe they deserve it, maybe they don't. But it's only causing more drama, which is further hurting you and the rest of the fandom who have to watch it, including myself. It's sad to think that such a warm, loving fandom whose foundations are built on being as kind and forgiving as possible have to see and deal with this.

I know you probably realize this, but I do hope you remember that this sort of rage not only hurts the people you're angry at, but everyone else who was looking forward to having another pony convention. I personally don't have the money to ever make it to Bronycon, which was why I was so ecstatic to see something so close to home. To think that it might be ruined by all this hate, from a community based on friendship, forgiveness, and love...well...Mlp-fsad

I'm sorry. I've wanted to say something about it for a long time. I was afraid you would blacklist me if I did, as you've been blacklisting a lot of others on your twitter feed. That's why I made up a new username to say this. But please...please at least consider, if not forgiving them for any crimes they've caused you and being the better person, leaving the convention alone so that other pony fans can enjoy it. All of us looking forward to a weekend of ponies and fun didn't do all these terrible things to you. And, maybe if you just go back to being the kind person you seem to be outside of the CG mess, all of the 4chan harassment will cease as well.

Please remember, friendship is magic and forgiveness is beauty...please, just be the bigger person. I know you probably won't listen to a simple community member like me who's choosing to be anonymous for safety anyway, but I just felt that, after watching this hate go on and on, it needed to be said.

Sorry. And if you read through all this, thank you for taking the time to do that.

Signed,
A Pegasister looking forward to a pony weekend.
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeHeartsUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some applesROLL FIZZLEBEEF!
PM USER

More info
25th May 2012 04:15 PM
(25th May 2012 06:34 AM)purpletinker Wrote:  I've been doing quite a bit that's productive. However, no, I am not willing to allow these people to garner any more power or influence in this fandom. They are Machiavellian, completely immoral, an utter affront to everything the show stands for.

Now things are getting good! God, it's like a movie in here! But seriously, I can definitely understand the ire you have towards the CG staff, and I do not fault you for attacking them. However, I think that trying to actually shut down CG (if my understanding of events is correct) is a mistake. This would indeed hurt the CG staff who flung mud at you, but this would hurt far more average MLP fans who genuinely wanted to go to this convention. Just because the staff may be made up of bad seeds (if they indeed are, I'm not ready to take an official stance yet) this does not mean the entire convention is. Rather, taking the current CG staff out of power would be the better course of action.

Buuuuut, getting back to my dramafurfag self...

(25th May 2012 06:34 AM)purpletinker Wrote:  This is not over. This has just begun.

Spoiler:

(In other words, you may want to hold back on saying things like that if you want people to take you seriously. That's basically the most stereotypical supervillain quote you could have come up with.)

Agree x1 (list)
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyGreen with EnvySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER

More info
25th May 2012 06:29 PM
Destroying CG wouldn't harm the fans. There is a LEGITIMATE brony convention in Ohio, one run by people who actually are FROM OHIO and not by hatemongering document-leaking profiteering carpetbaggers from New York. It's called TrotCon. If CG folds, the people who would have gone to CG would go to TrotCon instead.

I care about this convention scene too much to let these slimeballs gain power in it.

And I've heard the phrase 'be the bigger person' a lot. I AM the bigger person. I've never anonymously leaked private documents on their con on 4chan. I've never fed a hate thread filled with anti-trans slurs against them. I've never stolen money from their con head. I've never made up distortions and lies and bullshit about them. I am simply speaking the truth. The fact that this truth speaks negatively about them is a reflection of them, not me.
(This post was last modified: 25th May 2012 06:32 PM by purpletinker.)
PM USER
XX55XX Offline Pegasus

More info
25th May 2012 06:58 PM
(25th May 2012 06:29 PM)purpletinker Wrote:  Destroying CG wouldn't harm the fans. There is a LEGITIMATE brony convention in Ohio, one run by people who actually are FROM OHIO and not by hatemongering document-leaking profiteering carpetbaggers from New York. It's called TrotCon. If CG folds, the people who would have gone to CG would go to TrotCon instead.

I care about this convention scene too much to let these slimeballs gain power in it.

And I've heard the phrase 'be the bigger person' a lot. I AM the bigger person. I've never anonymously leaked private documents on their con on 4chan. I've never fed a hate thread filled with anti-trans slurs against them. I've never stolen money from their con head. I've never made up distortions and lies and bullshit about them. I am simply speaking the truth. The fact that this truth speaks negatively about them is a reflection of them, not me.

Well, isn't Ohio a big state? Might it warrant two conventions so that people can actually attend a pony convention for once?

Okay, so the CG people have organized their convention as an S-corp and plan to make some money off of it. I really don't fault them at all for doing such a thing. MLP fans are ready to spend money, so what's wrong with them making a buck? I do understand that BronyCon is transitioning into non-profit status, but most people don't care whether their convention is being organized by capitalists or not.

Furthermore, most fan conventions are organized as for-profit ventures anyhow. I don't fault them, since it allows fans an outlet for their enthusiasm.

Quote:They are Machiavellian, completely immoral, an utter affront to everything the show stands for.

And...? Isn't the show itself a ploy to get kids to buy worthless pieces of plastic that they don't really need? MLP is commercialism at its finest, and so is the cartoon.

Really, Tinker, just drop it. There are some thing we should not let go, but this is one of those things that you just let go.
(This post was last modified: 25th May 2012 07:03 PM by XX55XX.)
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJelly2spoopyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
SM64Guy Offline Retired Staff

More info
25th May 2012 09:14 PM
(25th May 2012 06:34 AM)purpletinker Wrote:  This is not over. This has just begun.

Oh really now?
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some applesROLL FIZZLEBEEF!
PM USER
pinkypartycanon Offline Blank Flank

More info
26th May 2012 12:40 AM
(25th May 2012 06:29 PM)purpletinker Wrote:  Destroying CG wouldn't harm the fans. There is a LEGITIMATE brony convention in Ohio, one run by people who actually are FROM OHIO and not by hatemongering document-leaking profiteering carpetbaggers from New York. It's called TrotCon. If CG folds, the people who would have gone to CG would go to TrotCon instead.

I've heard plenty about Trotcon. Besides the fact that I can't go to it this year because of date conflicts (and I doubt I would be able to go anyway because I live much closer to Cleveland than Columbus...remember that one, CG is two months apart and people will probably be able to go to both, and two, Ohio is a huge state even if it doesn't look it), I know that it's going to be a convention that accepts content above a PG and PG-13 rating. Despite the fact that it seems they're putting in some precautions, I would much rather go to a family-friendly convention like CG. Honestly, it seems from everything that's been going on that you've taken over Trotcon, Tinker. I'm not sure what you're doing for Bronycon anymore (it seems like you've quit but you still look like you're doing an awful lot for it...) but Trotcon seems to be your new baby. Which makes me think that, in your mind, you succeeding in having Trotcon be better than or even destroy CG will be your "revenge".

(As for them not being from Ohio, I thought I read somewhere that one of them was originally from that area in Ohio, grew up there, something...? It makes sense why they would pick it if that's the case. And they're keeping far away from your stuff perhaps just to get a fresh start?)

And no Tinker, right now you aren't being the bigger person. Destroying a convention that lots of fans want to go to just for the sake of petty revenge? That isn't being the bigger person. I was trying to be nice in my last message, but now I'm finding myself being stern out of disbelief. How do you know they fed a hate thread on a website populated by thousands of anonymous users who feed off drama, anyway? And even if you haven't released private documents, you have been trying to get their con absolutely destroyed, something that they didn't do to Bronycon. Again, being the bigger person would mean just letting this go, forgiving them, and not having anything to do with these people again. If you hate them so much, then just forget about them and move on with your life. Why spend so much time ruining something for hundreds of fans just to get revenge on three or four people that don't sound like they're worth your time? Think about your mental state, here. Do something healthy for you and for everyone, and just drop it.
PM USER

More info
26th May 2012 01:27 AM

Wow, I never thought I'd see the term carpetbagger used in modern speech.

But yes, this would hurt the fans. Have you even thought about all the people who would want to go to this con? Seriously, who gives a shit if the administration is in it for profit, last I checked, just because a company is in it for profit doesn't make them bad, it makes them capitalist. Not only that, but there are many people who use convention sales to supplement their living. Destroying CG for revenge seems pretty drastic. Like I said before, replacing the current CG staff who wronged you would be the better option because there would be no collateral damage in the process.

PM USER
XX55XX Offline Pegasus

More info
26th May 2012 01:44 AM
Eh, I doubt Tinker has the capacity to "destroy" this con. She's huffing and puffing because she can't do squat about it.
PM USER

More info
26th May 2012 01:45 AM
(26th May 2012 12:40 AM)pinkypartycanon Wrote:  How do you know they fed a hate thread on a website populated by thousands of anonymous users who feed off drama, anyway?

Because on that thread were leaked private documents which could ONLY have come from very specific people-- people who work for CG. For instance, a recording of a private audio conversation between myself and their PR person, and a log of a private two-way IM conversation between myself and their A/V contractor.

And because an email address listed on that thread (e.g. 'email me for more information', that kind of deal) is an alias associated with their con org, or a friend of his at very least. (I have been told that when you emailed that address, you were put in touch with the guy who ultimately became the CG con org.)
And for the record, all I've done is promote TC and send Guests of Honour their way. I am not on their staff, and I never will be. So please stop with the 'Tinker took over TrotCon!!11' conspiracy theory nonsense.
(25th May 2012 12:27 PM)pinkypartycanon Wrote:  The reason all this 4chan harassment started up seems to be because you've been leading the campaign against these people so violently, even to email Hasbro to try and ruin this.

The first big 4chan thread, the one that to me started all of this, was posted back on MARCH 4.

I wrote to Hasbro on MAY 11.

So, no. You have it precisely backwards.
And REALLY, pinkypartycannon? REALLY? You don't want to go to TrotCon because there will be an adult SECTION?

Now I pretty much KNOW you're a troll. (Or a fundamentalist?)
(This post was last modified: 26th May 2012 01:52 AM by purpletinker.)
Dumb x2 Dis gon' be good x1 (list)
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some applesROLL FIZZLEBEEF!
PM USER
Runic Online 300 pound matronly freight-train

More info
26th May 2012 01:58 AM
Did you just rate yourself Dis gon' be good

Really?

"F#!#@!# A!# %@!? c#@$ #!@%!! OF A
!#@#! #!!#@ THREE SUGARS !#@! #!!#@"
Agree x3 (list)
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyGreen with EnvySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
SM64Guy Offline Retired Staff

More info
26th May 2012 02:08 AM
Alright, you guys can just go argue somewhere else.
Useful x1 Agree x1 (list)
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticBananas!JellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Lightbulb Canterlot: The Story Naxts 55 12,329 5th January 2012 09:43 PM
Last Post: SM64Guy
  Hi, I'm new to Canterlot! Car0t 11 2,037 6th November 2011 08:49 PM
Last Post: Triarius
  Welcome Canterlot Ponies! B.V. 10 2,295 16th July 2011 08:28 PM
Last Post: SM64Guy