Syfy Movies That DON'T Suck
Dom Colt Offline The Grand Master of Asshattery

More info
22nd December 2011 09:27 PM
Okay, so anyone who'se seen enough of Syfy's original movies will agree that they absolutely suck eggs. Now I happen to know that there are exeptions to the rule, one example being Red Faction: Origins. I don't know about you guys, but I think it was, at the very least, a competent movie. Furthermore, it did a fairly good job of staying true to the Red Faction: Guerilla storyline.

Anyways, this thread is about any and all Syfy movies that break the rule, and by that I mean those that aren't horrible.

[Image: 3bL78pv.png]
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Nightmaremoon Offline Psyclo crusher!

More info
22nd December 2011 11:13 PM
[Image: stock-photo-5974498-sowing-needle.jpg]

[Image: Haystack.jpg]

Yeah that sums it up

Fluttershy is a badass

"Joy is a weakness and weakness will get you killed Spike" -SFDebris

"MEEEEEEEEEEE!" - Khan if he did the Khan scream from Star Trek II
(This post was last modified: 22nd December 2011 11:16 PM by Nightmaremoon.)
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some applesROLL FIZZLEBEEF!
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Jarvellis Online Under the mistletoe

More info
22nd December 2011 11:22 PM
Doesn't Syfy show Spaceballs? Now THAT doesn't suck.

edit: Oops, my bad, should read OP better.

[Image: 2UDAqA5.gif]
(This post was last modified: 22nd December 2011 11:28 PM by Jarvellis.)
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJelly2spoopyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
SM64Guy Offline Retired Staff

More info
22nd December 2011 11:25 PM
(22nd December 2011 11:22 PM)Roduigez Wrote:  Doesn't Syfy show Spaceballs? Now THAT doesn't suck.

They didn't make that.
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyGreen with EnvySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
22nd December 2011 11:35 PM
(22nd December 2011 11:25 PM)SM64Guy Wrote:  They didn't make that.

Indeed

Then again even the Syfy channel doesnt make its own movies, its all made by famous ripoff studio: The Asylum

Syfy makes the commissions though

Fluttershy is a badass

AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Phrygian Offline Yolo Swaggins

More info
22nd December 2011 11:54 PM
You cannot deny the awesome that is

MANSQUITO
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some applesROLL FIZZLEBEEF!
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
23rd December 2011 12:00 AM
(22nd December 2011 11:54 PM)Phrygian Wrote:  You cannot deny the awesome that is

MANSQUITO

Mansquito still gets a lot wrong though.
Such as male Mosquitos dont drink blood. That is a job reserved for the females.

Fluttershy is a badass

AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeHeartsUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJelly3spooky5meWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some applesROLL FIZZLEBEEF!
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
23rd December 2011 01:59 AM
I seem to remember something like that. Were there any scenes that seemed to take place in an abandoned subway tunnel, or something?

AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJelly2spoopyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some applesROLL FIZZLEBEEF!
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
PopePieous Offline The view looks pretty good.

More info
23rd December 2011 08:08 AM
I find the movies to be pretty funny sometimes. I wouldn't say that they're horrible, but they definitely qualify for B-Movie horror. One of the movies I recall was about a rock golem coming to life, which was literally just a bunch of large rocks stuck together that walked around and crushed people. Laughed for a while when I saw it for the first time.

Spoiler:
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Sith_Dreamer Offline I made room for the cupcakes!

More info
25th December 2011 09:44 AM
No one can deny the amazing work that is Sharktopus!
Agree x1 (list)
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Scoutaloo Offline Scootaloo! Scoot-Scootaloo!

More info
25th December 2011 10:06 AM
I like most of the movies based on mythology. I watch their version of both Hercules and The Odyssey about once a month.

I also really enjoyed Basilisk.

:mlp-agusta:
Me ponysta.
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
8-bit Offline HonK HOnk HoNk

More info
26th December 2011 07:13 AM
(23rd December 2011 08:08 AM)PopePieous Wrote:  I find the movies to be pretty funny sometimes. I wouldn't say that they're horrible, but they definitely qualify for B-Movie horror. One of the movies I recall was about a rock golem coming to life, which was literally just a bunch of large rocks stuck together that walked around and crushed people. Laughed for a while when I saw it for the first time.

Yeah, I remember that one. At least it wasn't eye-bleedingly awful.
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJelly2spoopyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
TGnP Trixie Offline The Great and Powerful

More info
26th December 2011 07:35 AM
Lol, I liked "Sea Snakes" otherwise known as "Snakes On A Submarine" which is exactly what it is. But it sucks sooo much.

Technically its a miniseries, but "The Lost Room" is fucking amazing. You all need to go download it, now. Please, I beg you. It will change your life.
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyGreen with EnvySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Chilly Online Your Personal Power-Up

More info
26th December 2011 07:41 AM
Megashark vs Giant Octopus runs into 'so bad it's good' territory.

Seriously this film is so dumb it's impossible not to laugh.

[Image: 23436_s.gif]
Agree x1 (list)
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodwhy is this happing?Buy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

More info
26th December 2011 11:25 PM
(26th December 2011 07:41 AM)Chilly Wrote:  Megashark vs Giant Octopus runs into 'so bad it's good' territory.

Seriously this film is so dumb it's impossible not to laugh.

Hahaha, Inorite!

Anyways, I want to say that Bone Eater wasn't completely horrible either.

AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyJellySpookyWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodwhy is this happing?Buy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Doctor Cobra Offline Filly

More info
13th June 2012 04:07 AM
If we're including movies not technically SciFi (I absolutely refuse to use the new spelling) Originals but rather bought up by the station from other sources, Abominable is VASTLY underrated. I also kind of like Man-Thing. What can I say?*munch munch*
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY
Mike55 Offline Tyrannosaurus Rex

More info
15th June 2012 08:40 PM
I enjoy DinoCroc a bit actually.

"Forget your faith in me. I took you with me because I was vain. Because I wanted to be adored. Look at you. Glorious Pond. The girl who waited for me. I'm not a hero. I really am just a mad man in a box. And it’s time we saw each other as we really are. Amy Williams, it’s time to stop waiting."-The 11th Doctor
AgreeDisagreeMaybeFunnyWinnerZingInformativeFriendlyUsefulOptimisticPessimisticArtisticCrazyGreen with Envy3spooky5meWiseHiByeWhat?Dis gon' be goodI'm horrifiedBuy some apples
PM USER
QUOTE REPLY

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Movies and Television General Chat Lazenby 555 217,405 17th December 2014 04:59 PM
Last Post: Applefamily2012
  Things You Like About Movies You Hate Lazenby 1 428 18th April 2014 12:20 PM
Last Post: MetalShadow
  Help me get caught up on movies! Chiro 44 7,513 18th February 2014 04:23 PM
Last Post: Chiro